Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Minty Lindty Mousse

As of a few days ago, my new favorite obsession is Lindt Mint Chocolate. Im not a fan of dark chocolate but i adore this! So i decided to make a Minty Lindty Chocolate Mousse with some help from my sister, Kristen. It turned out great, and absolutly delicious! Instead of dark chocolate I mixed milk Lindt and Mint Lindt which gave it a nice minty taste and lessenedd the sweetness a bit. I thought id share the recipe with everyone so you can all try it.

Minty Lindty Chocolate Mousse

INGREDIENTS:
170g Lindt Chocolate (I used 100g Milk, 70g Mint)
3tbs unsalted butter (softened)
3 Large free range eggs (seperated)
1 tbs Honey
1/2 tsp Cream of tartar
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup chilled fresh cream
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence

METHOD:
- Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water to melt
- Make sure the water does not touch the bowl
- Stir the chocolate and butter butter mixture untill chocolate has melted and is smooth
- Add the honey
- Remove the bowl from the heat and let cool slightly
- With a whisk, add one egg yolk at a time, beating untill smooth after each yolk. set aside
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add the cream of tartar.
- Gradually beat in the quarter cup of sugar and continue to beat untill the stiff peak stage. (When you lift the beater, little peaks form and dont collapse) 
- In another chilled bowl (in the freezer for 5 min does the trick), whip the cream untill it begins to thicken.
- Add the vanilla essence and conyinue to beat untill the cream holds a soft peaks

-Stir a spoonful of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, then slowly fold in the rest
- Now fold in the whipped cream; dont over mix as it will make the mousse heavy
- Divide the mousse into small glasses or a large bowl. I used 6 glasses and it was too much! I could have made 8 or 9.
- Cover and refridgerate for 2 hours
-Whip some extra cream for topping and garnish as desired

 The chocolate and butter cooking

 I melted some chocolate and spread it out on some wax paper with a spoon, and then put it in the fridge to harden to create my decoration


  Finished off with a dash of whipped cream

This was really easy to make and turned out perfect first time. I must say though, It was very rich, so I would suggest smaller portions than the ones I used. Try this recipe and share it with everyone, it was great! Next time i think ill use milk and dark chocolate and add a shot of espresso to the melted choclate to make it mocca chocolate mousse!

Enjoy! and if you make it, let me know how it turns out!

xxx

1 comment:

Kristen said...

"Possibly the best dessert I've ever had" - My dad (largest sweet tooth ever)